- 4 pieces boneless salmon fillets with skin
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp.fresh dill,chopped
- 2 tbsp,flat-elf parsley,chopped
- 2 tbsp.fresh thyme,chopped
- 1 lemon ice for garnishing
- *bread crumbs,1/2 tsp,wholegrain mustard and soft butter,optional (to make herb-crusted salmon)
1.Marinate the fish in salt,pepper and lemon juice for 30 minutes.Mix the chopped herbs and olive oil together in a bowl.preheat oven to 350 F.
2.Preheat a grill or pan.If making crusted salmon,mix the herbs,butter,mustard and breadcrumbs in a bowl.Cover the flesh part of the fish with the herb crust.
3.Otherwise, simply cover the salmon with the chopped herbs.
4.Brown the salmon in a grill or pan until the skin and crust are crisp, about 1 1/2 minutes each side.Transfer to a baking pan and bake for 3-5 minutes more,or until the centre is still slightly pink.
5.Serve the fish with mushroom sauce or lemon-butter sauce and garnish with lemon slices and fresh dill.
To make mushroom sauce : (optional)
- Heat 1 tbsp.butter in a pan.
- Saute 2 tbsp chopped shallots and add 1/4 cup white wine.
- Let the the reduce to half.
- Add 2 tbsp,sliced white mushrooms,any leftover fish marinade,and 1/2 cream.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk until slightly thick.Spoon over the fish