- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 cups (1-inch) slices asparagus (about 3/4 pound)
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup evaporated fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic,minced
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth
- 2 cups chopped skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast meat
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
Cook pasta in boiling water 10 minutes or until al dente; add asparagus during final 2 minutes of cooking. Drain pasta mixture in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/3 cup cooking liquid. Combine reserved cooking liquid, egg substitute, and cream and half of parmesan cheese stirring with a whisk.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil,onion and garlic to pan; sauté 2 minutes or until brown Add vermouth; cook 1 minute. Add pasta mixture; stir to combine. Remove from heat; stir in milk mixture, chicken, and the remaining cheese. Place pan over medium heat, and cook 4 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in parsley, salt, pepper, and serve immediately.