- 1 red pepper
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 skinless free-range chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
- 1 small pinch of ground cumin
- 2 limes
- olive oil
- 4 small flour tortillas , or 2 large
- 150 ml fat-free natural yoghurt
- shredded parmesan
and for GUACAMOLE :
- 1 large ripe tomato, peeled and chopped
- 3 avocados, very ripe but not bruised
- juice 1 large lime
- handful coriander, leaves and stalks chopped, plus a few leaves, roughly chopped, to serve
- 1 cloved garlic,minced
- Half teaspoon of salt
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 chili ( optional)
- Put a griddle pan on a high heat.
- Halve, deseed and slice the pepper into thin strips, then peel, halve, and finely slice the onion. Slice the chicken lengthways into long strips, roughly the same size as the pepper strips.
- Put the peppers, onion, and chicken into a bowl with the paprika and cumin. Squeeze over the juice of half a lime, drizzle over 1 tablespoon of oil, season with a good pinch of black pepper and mix well. Put aside to marinate for 5 minutes or so.
- Using tongs, place the pepper, onion, and chicken onto the griddle and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the chicken is golden and cooked through.
As the pan will be really hot, keep turning the pieces of chicken and vegetables over so they don’t burn – you just want them to lightly chargrill to give you a lovely flavour.
- To make the guacamole, peeled tomatoes and chop onto a board, then finely chop with ½ -1 red chilli and a handful of coriander leaves, including the top part of the stalks.
- Halve and destone the avocado, then squeeze it over a board so the flesh comes out of the skin. Discard the skin. Squeeze over the lime juice and chop everything together until fine. Taste and adjust the flavours, if needed.
- Warm the tortillas in a microwave or warm, dry frying pan, then divide between serving plates. Squeeze the remaining lime juice over the sizzling pan.
- At the table, carefully help yourselves to the chicken and vegetables straight from the hot grill pan. Just be sure to put it down on top of something that won’t burn, like a chopping board.
- Serve with bowls of natural yoghurt and guacamole with shredded parmesan cheese.