- 2 nests thin vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp mild curry powder
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced (deseeded if you don’t like it too hot)
- thumb-sized piece ginger, grated
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper or yellow pepper, cut into thin batons
- 4 spring onions, cut in half lengthways then into batons
- 8 raw king prawns
- 1 large egg, beaten
- coriander leaves, to serve
- Soak the rice noodles in warm water for 5 mins until softened but still al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the soy, oyster sauce and curry powder.
- In a large wok, add half the oil and fry the garlic, chilli and ginger until golden, about 2 mins. Add the remaining oil, onion, pepper, spring onions, prawns and noodles and stir-fry for a few mins. Push everything to one side, add the egg and scramble. Add the soy sauce mixture, toss again for a few more mins, then remove from the heat. Sprinkle over the coriander leaves before serving.