- 100 ml olive oil
- 50 grams butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic,minced
- 3 medium Zucchinis, grated
- 400 g arborio rice
- 400 ml chicken stock, hot
- 300 g cooked chicken, shredded and warm
- 1 handful parmesan cheese, finely grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- optional : parsley
- Put the oil and onion and garlic in a large pan over a low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent.
- Add the rice and butter and stir until each grain is covered.
- Then add the liquid a ladle at a time , and stirring until each ladleful has been fully absorbed before adding the next. You may not need all the liquid, or you may need a little more. You may use boiling water if you run out of stock.
- Once the rice is cooked through and loose (the Italians call it “on the wave” to describe how liquid it should be), stir through the cooked chicken and parmesan
- Add the Zucchinis and continue to cook until that is also slightly transparent.
- Season and serve immediately, with parsley and parmesan on top.