- In a bowl mix lemon juice from half a lemon, a lot of olive oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, 1 handful of chopped coriander, ½ scotch bonnet chilli ( optional) , salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the tuna steaks in a shallow dish.
- Pour the marinade for tuna steaks on them and flip to coat.
- Use a plastic wrap to cover.
- Keep the dish in the fridge for 8 hours or more for the best.
- Pre heat to grill till it’s very hot.
- Get the steaks from the marinade and put them on a plate.
- Grill the tuna for an average of 2 minutes on each side. Be careful not to overcook as it will be dry.
Other Marinades :
Orange Juice and Garlic Marinade : Use a large bowl to mix ¼ cup of orange juice, ¼ cup of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley, 1 clove of minced garlic, ½ teaspoon of oregano and ½ teaspoon of freshly ground pepper.
Soy Sauce-Lemon Marinade : For this tuna marinade, mix 1 cup of low sodium soy sauce, ½ cup of lemon juice, 2 cloves of garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
Japanese Tuna Steak Marinade : Mix ½ cup of canola oil, ¼ cup of rice-wine vinegar, 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, and 3 tablespoons of fleshly chopped ginger or a teaspoon of ground ginger and 2 tablespoons of sugar. In place of the sugar and the vinegar, you can try using Japanese cooking wine.
Teriyaki Sauce Marinade : In a shallow bowl mix ¾ cup of teriyaki sauce, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of firmly packed brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of white wine or Sherry, 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar and 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.