For 12 muffins
2 cups all-purpose flour
1⁄2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons butter
1 egg, beaten
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup fresh raspberry ( or Frozen) , 2 cups if you like it fruity
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add egg and buttermilk; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in berries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400ºfor 20 minutes or until browned.